How To Enable SEO Friendly URLs In Magento
If you are operating a Magento store, there is a good chance that you have set up your URLs to be SEO friendly. But in case you’re not sure, follow the steps below.
Here is your 5-step process for enabling SEO friend URLs in Magento:
- Using your store’s admin credentials, login to the admin panel of your Magento Store.
- In the navigation bar at the top of the page hover over the word ‘System’ and, in the menu that appears, click on the word ‘Configuration’ at the bottom. This will take you to your Magento default Configuration Settings page.
- On the left hand side of the Configuration Settings page you will see a set of headings and sub-menus. Look for the heading that says ‘General’ and click the link below it that says ‘Web’.
- After clicking on the ‘Web’ option the right hand side of the page will show a number of different headings. Clicking on these headings will expand them to show you a set of configurable options. Look for the heading that says ‘Search Engines Optimization’. If it is not already expanded, click to show its options.
- Look for the configuration option that says ‘Use Web Server Rewrites’. It should be the only option under the ‘Search Engines Optimization’ heading. Make sure the drop down is set to ‘Yes’ and guess, your URLs are now SEO friendly.